Pandemic: On the Brink
Pandemic: On the Brink includes new event cards, new role cards, rules for five players, and optional game challenges to increase the difficulty of the Pandemic base game. These new challenges, which can be used individually or combined for even more difficult play, are as follows:
- The Virulent Strain challenge makes one disease become particularly deadly in unpredictable ways.
- The Mutation challenge adds a fifth (purple) disease that behaves differently than the original four.
- The Bio-Terrorist challenge pits one player against the others!
- 2012 BoardGamer.ru (Russia) Best Expansion
- 2009 BoardGameGeek Golden Geek Expansion Game Winner
- 2009 The Dice Tower Gaming Awards Best Game Expansion Winner
- 8 Role Cards
- 12 Pawns
- 12 Purple Disease Cubes
- 1 Purple Cure Marker
- 1 Purple Status Tile
- 8 Special Event Cards
- 3 Mutation Event Cards
- 2 Mutation! Cards
- 8 Virulent Strain Epidemic Cards
- 1 Epidemic Card
- 1 Reference Card
- 1 Bio-Terrorist Location Pad
- 6 Petri Dishes with Labels (included only in the first edition)
- 4 Blank Cards
Ages: 10 and upBGID: 40849Family: PandemicMechanics: Action Point Allowance System, Co-operative Play, Hand Management, Partnerships, Point to Point Movement, Secret Unit Deployment, Set Collection, Variable Player Powers,Publisher: Albi, Asterion Press, Filosofia Édition, Hobby Japan, Lacerta, Lautapelit.fi, Pegasus Spiele, Quined White Goblin Games, Wargames Club Publishing, Z-Man Games,Time: 60 minutesYear: 2009